To enhance the education and effectiveness of California's wastewater professionals through:
- dissemination of technical information, and
- promotion of sound policies to benefit society through protection and enhancement of the water environment.
To be the premier wastewater industry association in California. We will:
- have a reputation for excellence and our members will take pride in belonging.
- provide high quality products and services and we will be the preferred provider of training and certification.
- be financially strong and we will have adequate resources to accomplish our mission.
- actively seek information regarding the needs of our members and we will be responsive to their changing needs.
- act in the best interest of the Association as a whole.
- apply "knowledge-based" decision-making.
- expect to be held accountable.
- open opportunities for participation to all members.
- plan and prepare for changing leadership and for a constantly changing pool of volunteers.
- achieve renewal through leaders mentoring and developing their successors.
- Enhance the education and effectiveness of wastewater professionals through training and certification.
- Develop and implement effective delivery mechanisms to rapidly disseminate knowledge concerning the water environment.
- Advance the knowledge and technology in the planning, design, construction, operation and management of wastewater treatment systems and facilities.
- Improve the professional status of all personnel working in the wastewater industry and related fields.
- Encourage sound policy in matters relating to the water quality control field.
- Advance the knowledge and understanding of the water environment and its interaction with other aspects of the environment.
- Stimulate public awareness of the importance of wastewater treatment to public health and the water environment.