By: David Kupelian
Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America
In "How Evil Works," the best-selling author of "The Marketing of Evil" probes the ancient question of evil through a modern journalist's eye, once again demonstrating his uncanny knack for demystifying complex, elusive and intimidating subjects with fresh insights into the hidden mechanisms of seduction, corruption and power politics. Diving into today's most electrifying news stories – from terrorism and school shootings to high-profile sex scandals and political dysfunction – Kupelian explores such profoundly troubling questions as:
• What's really going on in Washington, D.C., today? (The Marxist strategy of manufacturing and exploiting crises is the central operating principle of the Obama presidency.)
• How does terrorism really work? (It's intended not just to frighten and intimidate, but to reprogram our beliefs, per the Stockholm Syndrome.)
• Why are big lies more believable than little ones? (Everyone tells little white lies, but not big, bold, audacious ones, and so they assume others wouldn't either – an assumption world-class liars use to their great advantage. More importantly, big lies possess an inherent power to upset us – triggering a key control mechanism.)
• Why are neo-pagan and New Age religions like Wicca becoming so popular? (America's increasing disillusionment with Christianity has created a giant cultural and spiritual vacuum, into which alternative religions are being drawn.)
• Why do so many entertainment celebrities that "have it all" – talent, fame, good looks, wealth, influence – end up self-destructing? (Being worshipped like gods is similar to taking a potent, intensely pleasurable drug like cocaine – it feels good for a time, but inevitably causes tremendous problems.)
• Why are boys doing worse in school today than girls? (As America becomes increasingly "feminized," boys, men and masculinity are being subtly but seriously maligned.)
• Why do we treat mental-emotional-spiritual problems like rage and depression with drugs? (We've been seduced by secular medical "experts" who tell us what all egos love to hear: "It's not your fault.")
"Using today's most sensational news stories as a starting point," writes Kupelian in the book's introduction, "together we will explore the actual mechanics, the inner workings, the 'operating system' of this most vexing and under-examined part of all our lives."
David Kupelian is an award-winning journalist and managing editor of online news giant WorldNetDaily.com as well as its monthly newsmagazine, Whistleblower. His bestselling book "The Marketing of Evil," currently in its 11th printing, has become a modern classic, widely praised for its uncommonly clear and powerful explanation of exactly what has gone wrong in America – and why.